Love and Hope



● | ● | ● | ●

I lovingly release the past. They are free and I am free. All is well in my heart now.
Louise Hay

20\03\2014 

The Moon is in Scorpio tonight and it's conjunct my natal Mercury in the 9th House. So I thought I'll try expressing
myself through writing one more time. It's not going to be easy, but I'll try anyway... 

☆ ☆ ☆

The world is currently mourning... The world is feeling sad. I too can feel the sadness in my heart and thinking about the problems in the world, or watching the news (which I rarely do) can bring tears to my eyes. Yes, I can be that sensitive sometimes. Speaking of sadness, a few Astrologers on the internet have been writing about the Grand Cardinal Cross that will reach another peak next month and honestly, I haven't read any of those articles. Not because I'm fearful, but because I feel they really won't be helpful to me personally. For some who are not really into Astrology, what those Astrologers are trying to talk about is how there will be another trying time on Earth next month, and how it will affect us collectively as well as individually in our own ways. As a Mercury in Scorpio, I have no problem with facing the truth, and I truly welcome change with open mind. I can actually understand where those Astrologers are coming from - although maybe not entirely, because I'm still 28 and I feel there's still a lot for me to learn about humanity and the world. I understand how as a professional (no matter what our profession), we have to deliver 'the goods' (and 'the bads' - maybe not). What I do feel, though, we as humans should have evolved beyond (what Wikipedia would sum up as) 'determinism, fatalism and predeterminism' mentality by now – because they really are anything but helpful. And this is why I believe sharing more positive energy and uplifting inspiration with others is still the best thing we can do right now.

What we can actually do to help change the world at this time is to change our way of thinking, and our way of behaving. We already know what's happening in the world, and yes, we can definitely see that we are not living in a Utopia - but all hope is not lost! I understand it's not always easy to stay positive, and it's not always easy to control our emotions, but I think it's only so because we think so. What most of us tend to forget is that it only takes a conscious choice (and later practice) to put our self in a more positive frame of mind.

Speaking of positivity, I'm sure many of us have heard by now about the concept of affirmations (aka positive self-talk). They are actually very helpful! But honestly, until now, it's not always my first reaction to state positive affirmations to myself when I'm not feeling good. At this stage in my life, I still like the idea of going deep into my emotions and feelings so that I can learn from them. I do know, though, that I don't dwell in negative emotions for a long period of time. I might sometimes let myself feel those negative emotions, but they don't last very long for me. . . . Because I'd rather feel good - although, wouldn't we all? :) My belief is that, the sooner in life I can let myself get immersed in my own emotions and feelings, the better it can be for me when I grow older because I will have gained more understanding about myself and the world around me. 

I truly don't want us to think that we are hopeless, that we are powerless and that we are unloved. We are actually full of love, full of power and full of hope! It is truly our natural state to be happy, to be hopeful and to be in love, because those feelings make us feel good. Again, I'm not trying to simplify the complexity of human emotions, I'm just trying to share something that many of us may have forgotten.

Humanity has existed for so long now that I think it's really time for us to get back to the basics in life (nature, love, compassion, and understanding come to mind). I think by being more open to life, to learning , and to love, we can become the true explorers (and warriors ^_^) of the Universe! We actually have the capacity to become even more loving, more understanding, and more hopeful. And that's the kind of spirit we need now more than ever! No matter what we are going through, we will not see problems as roadblocks but more like puzzles for us to solve. We will try our best to always be our own best friend, our own best supporter (or cheerleader), and our own guru. We are the hearts of the Earth, we are here together, and yes I'm going to say it, we are One.

We are the humans.


Yaviz Basalamah

For more of my astro updates please visit my Facebook Page.